Hearts Landing Ranch serves children, families and the community in many ways. Below is an outline of some of our primary programs so we can have a proper understanding and expectations of the programs and volunteer opportunities to better serve those hurting and less fortunate.
1. VOLUNTEER PROGRAM – Local & Regular Under 16, parent or guardian works along side child & HLR on site. Each volunteer completes own application and volunteer agreements. Depending on skills and HLR needs, Volunteers help with a variety of work on Ranch – garden, horses, general property, painting, chickens, tractor work, construction Focused on “getting tasks done”. Proper closed toed boots, not steel-toed (tennis shoes wont be sufficient) 18 years and older, mandatory background check $35 per applicant to Hearts Landing Ranch for t-shirt & supplies ($50 for 18+ incl. bkgd check)
2. SESSION PARTICIPANT & MENTOR PROGRAMS Focused on coping and communication skills as an outlet to process the challenges they face. Depending on the situation, HLR Mentors will use a variety of activities on Ranch – garden, horses, chickens, etc. Under 18, Parent or guardian must be on site at all times (in shaded waiting area or their car) $65/ 90 minute session. Sliding scale & Scholarship based on need. 2 hours/month parent or guardian volunteer (variety of indoor & outdoor activities) Proper closed toed boots (tennis shoes wont be sufficient)
3. HORSEMANSHIP PROGRAMS – horse only focus 1 hour per week for 6 weeks Use of Hearts Landing Ranch horses and equipment $245 per person with 3 or more participants at same time $350 per person with 2 participants $400 for 1:1 lesson. Currently we offer "on the ground" natural style horsemanship. This is great for all ages, and especially for parents, grandparents of "horse crazy" kids.
4. Mini-stry Mini Horse DRIVING PROGRAM Learn to harness and drive a mini horse. $245 per person with 3 or more participants at same time $350 per person with 2 participants, $400 for 1:1 lesson
5. GROUP & CORPORATE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES One of a kind, volunteer and team building. No cost to you. Group photo and your logo on our support page of website (please provide your logo) 6. BONFIRE NIGHTS Call for details to have your event here
7. LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT We collaborate with you to design a program that reflects your organizations goals and budget.
I recognize that Hearts Landing Ranch is an organization that serves children and families. Because of this, I agree to dress appropriately, modestly and professionally while on the Ranch property. I understand as a volunteer, I am freely giving of my time in service to Hearts Landing Ranch and I have no expectation of compensation or payment of any kind. Participation & Volunteering at Hearts Landing Ranch is a privilege. By making a commitment to volunteer, horses and people suffer when you don't show. I recognize that the administration of the Ranch reserves the right to remove this privilege at any time for any reason.